Laden with white chocolate, passionfruit and tropical flavours of mango, coconut and pineapple, this is sure to be a fruity fave this festive season. It makes a great Christmas gift idea, too. – by Amy Sinclair
Cook: 50 Minutes – Easy – Makes 48 – Vegetarian – Egg-Free
Laden with white chocolate, passionfruit and tropical flavours of mango, coconut and pineapple, this is sure to be a fruity fave this festive season. It makes a great Christmas gift idea, too.
½ cup chopped dried mango
⅓ cup banana chips, roughly chopped
⅓ cup roughly chopped glace pineapple pieces
170 g passionfruit pulp
3 ½ cups puffed rice cereal
¾ cup desiccated coconut
½ cup icing sugar mixture, sifted
1 cup skim powdered milk
580 g white chocolate melts
- Lightly grease and line the base and 2 longs sides of a 26cm x 16cm x 3.5cm brownie tin with baking paper.
- Combine the dried mango, banana chips and pineapple in a large bowl. Stir though the passionfruit pulp. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the puffed rice cereal, coconut, icing sugar and powdered milk. Mix until ingredients are evenly distributed. Make a well in the centre.
- Place the chocolate melts into a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in short 1-minute bursts at 50% power, stirring between each burst, until melted and smooth. Cool slightly.
- Pour the chocolate into the rice cereal mixture and mix well. Working quickly, spoon into the prepared tin and press in firmly with the back of a spoon.
- Chill for 30 minutes or until set. Remove from the tin and place onto a board. Using a flat-bladed knife. Cut the slice into two bars about 8cm wide. Then cut each bar into slices about 1cm thick.