Who doesn’t look forward to summer? Summer is definitely a welcome respite from the biting cold during winter and with the promise of warm temperatures, swimming in the cool ocean, and cocktails all around, most of us just can’t wait for summer to come. Although this season is an enjoyable for many, dealing with tanned skin isn’t really one of our favorites.
Our skin tends to brown when exposed to too much sun and, if we’re not too careful, we may end up getting sunburned. Although there are skin care products that can reduce the appearance of tan lines, they are still loaded with chemicals that can do more harm than good. Fortunately, there are safer and more natural alternatives for you to choose from such as the ones below.
- Aloe vera extract. One of the best solutions for removing your tan is aloe vera. Its gel can cool down the heat emanating from your skin caused by the sun and will soothe the pain away too. You can harvest the gel from the leaves of the plant and apply directly onto the affected skin for quick relief. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes then rinse afterwards. You can repeat the treatment as many times as you want until you see some improvement on your skin’s condition.
- Lemon juice, rose water, and cucumber. For this sun tan treatment, you will need one tablespoon each of lemon juice, cucumber extract, and rose water. Combine all the ingredients and apply all over the tanned areas of your body. Leave it on for 10 to 20 minutes then rinse afterwards. The lemon juice can help lighten the dark areas of your skin because of the acidic properties it has.
- Papaya and honey. The combination of honey and papaya is a powerful treatment for tanned faces as the papaya can lighten your skin tone while honey can speed up the healing process. Combine half a cup of mashed papaya with a tablespoon of honey to create a paste. Apply this solution on your face and neck and allow it to sit for half an hour. Rinse with lukewarm or cold water. You should repeat this treatment twice or thrice in a week.
- Buttermilk and oatmeal. Prepare two tablespoons of oatmeal and three tablespoons of buttermilk. Combine the ingredients until you create a paste. Massage the solution on the affected areas evenly for a few minutes before rinsing. This scrub should be used twice a week to improve your skin’s color.
- Milk and strawberries. Another natural remedy that can help treat your sun tanned skin is milk and strawberries. One reason behind this is that strawberries are considered as natural exfoliators so they not only lighten your skin but can help nourish it as well. You will need to mash 4 to 5 strawberries then add two tablespoons of milk to it before mixing. Apply this paste on your face and neck and allow to set for 30 minutes then rinse it off.