Only women who have reached menopause can truly understand how pestering and meddlesome the various signs and symptoms of the cessation of menstruation can be. The same is true for those who are about to set foot in the said phenomenon, which is a stage called “perimenopause”.
Luckily for them, there are numerous home remedies available for controlling the signs and symptoms of both menopause and perimenopause, and one of them is something as simple as consuming a particular beverage.
But before we know what this drink that can make menopausal and perimenopausal life easier to bear, let us first take a look at some of the reasons why these points in a woman’s life can be exasperating.
Signs and symptoms associated with menopause and perimenopause can vary from woman to woman. Some may have very minimal symptoms, while others can have very intense ones. Sometimes they tend to come and go, but in certain instances they stick around for good.
Here are some of the signs and symptoms that both menopause and perimenopause come with:
- Irregular periods. When approaching the menopausal stage, periods can become erratic — sometimes they come with heavy bleeding while other times cycles get farther and farther from one another.
- Vaginal dryness. With the vagina being dry, itchiness and irritation can strike. It’s not unlikely for pain to be felt during intercourse. Also, dryness can make the vagina more susceptible to infections.
- Urinary tract changes. Together with the vagina, the rest of the urinary tract also undergoes some changes. Frequent urge to urinate, bladder or urinary incontinence, and UTIs may be experienced.
- Hot flashes and night sweats. These symptoms tend to come as a package deal. Surely, they can make it hard for a woman to get a good night’s sleep, which can make menopause and perimenopause harder to bear.
- Mood swings. It’s not uncommon for women in the menopausal and perimenopausal stages to feel irritable. Anxiety is also a common issue. Cognitive performance may dwindle, too.
- Weight gain. Perhaps one of the most frustrating effects of menopause and perimenopause is weight gain. Fat cells tend to develop in the midsection, which can definitely drive any woman mad.
- Beauty problems. Due to hormonal changes going on within, pimples and acne can become a commonplace. Some women may even face unwanted hair growth on the upper lip, chin, chest and abdominal area.
As you can see, entering the menopausal or perimenopausal stage is a serious matter. Making things worse is the fact that once you get to it, there’s no turning back — you’re in there for the rest of your life!
Now it’s time for us to know the beverage that is said to be very good at controlling the various signs and symptoms of both menopause and perimenopause mentioned above. It’s not really something special that can be purchased from select health food stores only. Your favorite local supermarket is carrying it for sure. It’s tomato juice.
Based on a research conducted on tomato juice’s ability to control all the unfavorable effects of menopause and perimenopause, what makes the beverage work is the fact that it contains antioxidants (most especially lycopene), healthy fats and gamma-aminobutyric acid or GABA, which is a neurotransmitter.
According to the research, women who are bugged by the various menopausal and perimenopausal signs and symptoms attained much-needed relief in just a couple of months simply by drinking 200 ml — equivalent to about 2 cups — of unsalted tomato juice twice a day.
Other than being beneficial for women who are in the menopausal or perimenopausal stage, the regular intake of tomato juice can also detoxify the body, prevent of constipation, encourage weight loss, defy skin aging, promote strong and shiny hair, and lower one’s risk of having deadly heart disease and cancer.