Trying to get in shape doesn’t always mean that you have to spend hours in the gym or having to run mile after mile on a regular basis. Sometimes, the exercises that you need are among the simplest not to mention least expensive of the lot while still getting amazing results.
For those who want to see their weight go down or their muscles to firm, here are five workouts that you should master and do in just 30 minutes. Not only will you be sweating a lot but you’ll also help strengthen your muscles and burn those fats away.
- Push Up. This is a staple in traditional workouts as well as HIIT or High Intensity Interval Training because this body weight movement not only targets the core but the upper arms as well. Lie on your belly on the floor with your hands underneath your shoulders and your feet about hip-width apart. Keep a plank position where your body remains straight from your neck to your heels. Bend elbows to bring your torso close to the ground then push back up.
- Spider Lunge. Start this exercise by going into a pushup position. Bring right foot towards your right hand while making sure that your foot lands flat on the floor. Bring your foot back to your first position then repeat with the other foot. Repeat as many times as you can while paying attention to your form. Keep in mind that you should engage your core throughout the exercise to help keep your balance.
- Glute Bridge. Lie down on your back with knees bent and feet at hip-width apart. Engage your core muscles as you push your hips upward by pressing down on your heels while your hands are placed on your sides with palms facing down. You should create a bridge from your knees to your chest. Go back to first position and repeat this exercise.
- Squat. Stand up straight with feet about hip-width or shoulder-width apart. Turn your toes outwards slightly to help you with your squat. Keep your torso straight while pushing hips back and bending knees to go down into a squat. Go as low as you are comfortable with. Push down on your heels as you extend your legs up to a standing position
- Side Lunge. Stand up straight with your feet together. Lunge with your left leg out towards your left with your foot planted flat on the ground. Go as low as you can. Push down on your left foot to go back to an upright position. Bring left foot back in the middle and repeat steps with the other foot.
By practicing these workouts regularly, not only will you strengthen your body but you’ll also boost your flexibility as well. What’s great about these workouts is that you won’t need any equipment. You only need comfortable clothing and knowledge of proper form to execute these exercises while you are at home.