Did you know that men prefer perky breasts more than larger ones? Yes, in a recent study, it was found out that more than size, firmness is what matters to men (1).
And that makes sense. As no matter what your size, your breasts will always look and feel great as long as they do not sag.
Now sagging is a fairly common phenomenon. Especially among large-breasted women and is caused by a variety of reasons, ranging from age to the effects of gravity and smoking (2).
With that said, you do not have to go for surgery to get perky boobs. These simple, at-home, very doable exercises can help you get firmer and shapelier boobs. Just the kind you always wanted!
The Chest Flex
One of the easiest exercises you can do to firm up your breasts is the chest flex. To perform this exercise, first stand upright on your feet. Now take a mini exercising ball and hold it tight between both your hands with your elbows at level with your chest and squeeze. Repeat by flexing every few seconds. The exercise works pectoral muscles, which help support your chest. Do it for 40 minutes every day to get the desired results.
Apart from this exercise, there’s a particular series of exercises that you can do to get shapelier boobs. However, before you carry them out, you’ll need a couple of things:
- A flat and spacious surface where you can be comfortable.
- A mat.
- A pair of lightweight dumbbells. Don’t go for heavy ones if you’re a beginner.
Once you’re ready with the above, you will have to perform the following series of 8 exercises in total:
1. Start by lying on your back on the mat with your knees bent together. Holding a dumbbell in each hand, raise your arms upward, stretching them all the way up. Then pull them back down towards your chest and flex your elbows aligning them at the same level as your chest. Raise your arms back up slowly.
2. Standing straight on your feet, slightly lean your torso forward while bending your knees. Your arms should fall down by your side. Keep your elbows close to your body, and raise the dumbbells up to the level of your hips. Hold for a few seconds and then release your arms down again.
3. The third exercise in this series is very much like the first one. The only difference is that in this one, you’ll also have to raise your legs while you lie down and lower your arms. This will help work out the muscles in your abdomen.
4. This exercise is similar to the one you performed when trying out the one in number 2. The difference here is that while raising your arms, make sure to keep your shoulders open rather than closed. However, just like number 2, make sure your knees are bent while carrying out this exercise too.
5. If using two dumbbells at once seems too much, you can use just one dumbbell for this exercise. Lay on the mat on your back. Now, stretch both of your arms behind your head so that the dumbbell touches the floor. Next, gradually raise your arms up till they reach the level of your chest. Then slowly go back into the initial position.
6. For this one, you’ll have to be back on your feet again. Stand up straight with the dumbbells in your hands and your elbows stuck to your body. Now, raise the dumbbells to your shoulder height. Slowly raise your arms up straight, stretching them up above your head. Bring your arms back to shoulder height and repeat again.
7. This exercise can be a little difficult at first as you need to have sound balancing skills but with practice, you will get the hang of it! Start by standing on one leg, bending your torso forward, while keeping your other leg stretched out straight behind your back. Keep alternating legs to perform this exercise.
8. Last but not the least is an exercise that does not require the use of any dumbbells. We’re talking about push-ups. This exercise can seem very difficult but it’s one of the best exercises to make your chest firm. The easiest way to do push-ups is to start by placing your knees on the ground and stretching yourself to the right position. Once you get comfortable, increase the reps as you go.
Beginners should do 4 sets of each of these exercises with 12 repetitions in each set. Every repetition should not be longer than 3 to 5 seconds and you should breathe in and out during each rep. Instead of doing all 4 sets of one exercise together, you can complete one entire series, take a break, and then start again.
If it gets too difficult to do it every day, you can carry out these exercises once every 3 days. But don’t give up. Keep persevering as exercising is the cheapest way to get firmer breasts. Best of luck!