Who says antioxidants have to be boring?? Not with these frosty delights!
Change up your wine drinking game and freeze it instead of pouring it into a glass! The red wine goes beautifully with the strawberries and a hint of vanilla. The beet juice adds a natural sweetness and beautiful, rich ruby color. If you can’t find beet juice, any other juice or water will work as well. Apple or cherry juice would work especially well.
Red wine is rich in the antioxidant, resveratrol which helps to neutralize free radicals in the body and free radicals cause premature aging so I think you see where I’m going with this. Antioxidants and anti-aging in the form of cool, refreshing, frozen treats! Too good to be true. Give these gems a try!
Red Wine Strawberry Popsicles
Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Refined Sugar-free, Vegan
Yield: makes 8 popsicles
- 1 cup of red wine (I used shiraz)
- 1/4 cup beet juice (or favorite juice)
- 3/4 cup water (filtered)
- dash pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a popsicle mold.
- Freeze overnight.
- Run bottom under warm water and remove popsicles. Enjoy!